1/4 Mile Racing
Chrysler has rented the complete Fairplex Auto Club Raceway site which gives us access to the 1/4 mile drag strip. NHRA will be running the racing event for us.
UPDATED 3/3/2018: We apologize for the delay in providing the details regarding signing up for the racing portion of the event. The NHRA has still not provided us their written rules/regulations for this event, so we are presenting here the summarized rules as provided to us by Anthony @ LX and Beyond Nationals (another NHRA sanctioned track event - Thank you Anthony). We do hope to update these rules with anything additional that the NHRA requires on Monday or Tuesday (3/5 or 3/6).
Personal Safety Requirements
Vehicle Safety Requirements
- Helmet required (see note below)*
- Long pants required
- Closed-toe shoes required
- SFI Fire Jacket*
- SFI Safety gear is required*
- Turn OFF vehicle air conditioning upon arrival at venue
- All drivers must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license or NHRA competition license
- All participating vehicles must pass an NHRA vehicle safety inspection upon arrival:
- DOT approved tires only, no slicks.
- Battery must be secured
- No visible leaks
- Functioning seatbelt and/or SFI harness required
- SA or M2010 or newer helmet required. The SFI tag inside the helmet must be visually shown during tech inspection. (No Exceptions)
- No loose items inside vehicle
- Participants required to review and sign a liability release/waiver
- Passengers are only allowed in vehicles that are > 14.00 seconds (1/4 mile)
- DO NOT Turn on vehicle air conditioning while participating in drag racing
- All drivers must attend drivers meeting (Not Optional) Time tba (likely 8:30-9:00 AM).
- Any questions or concerns about passing NHRA safety inspection should be directed to the Auto Club Raceway track officials prior to arrival or by referencing the Official NHRA Rule Book
- For the safety of all participants, Auto Club Raceway track officials will have final authority on the enforcement and compliance with all NHRA rules and regulations
- Helmet not required for vehicles running >14.00 seconds (1/4 mile) or >8.60 seconds (1/8 mile)