1/4 Mile Racing
STATUS as of 08/01/2018
While the 2019 Spring Festival site is secured, the details of the track operations are not fully worked out at this time. We expect to be offering similar opportunities to what was scheduled for 2018. Stay tuned as details and racing signup will follow. If you sign up for the Spring Festival now, you will get an e-mail alert as soon as the racing signup is available.
(Details below subject to change as more information becomes available.)
The following requirements must be met by each driver in order to use the racing facilities.
Personal Safety Requirements
- Helmet required (see note below)*
- Long pants required
- Closed-toe shoes required
- SFI Fire Jacket*
- SFI Safety gear is required*
Vehicle Safety Requirements
- Turn OFF vehicle air conditioning upon arrival at venue
- All drivers must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license or NHRA competition license
- All participating vehicles must pass an NHRA vehicle safety inspection upon arrival:
- DOT approved tires only, no slicks.
- Battery must be secured
- No visible leaks
- Functioning seatbelt and/or SFI harness required
- SA or M2010 or newer helmet required. The SFI tag inside the helmet must be visually shown during tech inspection. (No Exceptions)
- No loose items inside vehicle
- Participants required to review and sign a liability release/waiver
- Passengers are only allowed in vehicles that are > 14.00 seconds (1/4 mile)
- DO NOT Turn on vehicle air conditioning while participating in drag racing
- All drivers must attend drivers meeting (Not Optional) Time tba (likely 8:30-9:00 AM).
- Any questions or concerns about passing NHRA safety inspection should be directed to the Auto Club Raceway track officials prior to arrival or by referencing the Official NHRA Rule Book
- For the safety of all participants, Auto Club Raceway track officials will have final authority on the enforcement and compliance with all NHRA rules and regulations
- Helmet not required for vehicles running >14.00 seconds (1/4 mile) or >8.60 seconds (1/8 mile)